About UsOur Board Members
About our Chapter and the Province’s Chapter at large – To protect the public interest by educating and regulating the competency and ethical standards of its members, and promoting and evaluating the value of the CPA designation.
To be the pre-eminent internationally recognized Canadian accounting designation and business credential that best protects and serves the public interest.
About our Chapter
The Grande Prairie Chapter of CPA’s is the merging of local chapters of all legacy destinations. These are CA, CGA, CMA. Originally formed by local chartered accountants over 50 years ago, the chapter has been used for both networking with local accountants and to work together as a voice with the institute of CPA’s Alberta. These core objectives are still the basis of our chapter. Currently our focus is to advocate for more local professional development in the region. The chapter meets on the 3rd Wednesday of every month a the Holiday Inn 9816 107th Street starting at noon, with a hiatus during the months’ of March, April, July and August.
- Meet monthly – usually the third Wednesday of each month at Seasons on Forty (cost of $25.00 includes a buffet lunch).
- Facilitate local Continuing Professional Development (CPD) events for local members (events include Devaney Tax Updates, CPA Alberta presentations, Alberta Tax Update, CPA/Lawyer Assist presentations, etc.)
- Host a holiday season luncheon in December
- Organize a CPA Convocation Celebration
- Hold and Endowment Fund with the local college (Grande Prairie Regional College)
Our current board members
President: Roger Arcand
Secretary: Charlene Potter
Treasurer: Dan A. Sieben
Communications: Liza Richer